Sunday, May 1, 2011

Debbie Millman

Debbie Millman is president of AIGA and chair of SVA's master program in branding (Oy sweet Abraham). Debbie Millman is in charge of Design Matters which is a show where she interviews designers.

Notes on interview with Ed Fella:

40 seconds in: "I'm the kind of person who thinks everything is my fault." .... wut.
4:40 - "Self perception is the illusion of the ego" Troof.

This was the main part I found interesting, unfortunately for the whole interview. It reflects on the self and how that may influence your design. Are you comfortable enough in your own skin to be comfortable enough with your own designs?

Also what I liked about the interview was at the 21 minute mark was the question of design influence by the geography of the designer. Not only the environmental, but the social. It also brought up the question of taste and what the hell good design actually is. I mean, almost everything is arbitrary.


No comments:

Post a Comment