1. Summerfest started in 1991 to perform chamber concerts during the summer to give Kansas City Symphony musicians the opportunity to perform chamber music.
2. Summerfest hopes to target mainly Kansas City residents and of course other audiences are more than welcome.
3. The audience hopes to get a joyful experience from the chamber music performance.
4. Summerfest’s core values seem to be to create and perform great music for everyone to hear.
5. The long-term goals are to broaden the audience horizons and expose them to creative and distinctive performances.
6. Summerfest’s distinguishing characteristics is featuring the works, input, and appearances of living composers to give the audience a great experience with the music being performed.